Our mixte frames are in the warehouse and we will be shipping all backorder frames to shops beginning Monday. We apologize for the long wait our customers have had to endure.
- The Buena Vista is a true mixte with the double top tube/stays.
- This is not just for the ladies. "Mixte" (pronounced "MEExt") is French for "mixed" or "unisex"and fully envisioned for both men and women from the beginning. North Americans have come to pronounce it "mix-ty". Both are acceptable to use.
- Ride characteristics/geometry is somewhere between road sport and touring
- An oversized butted downtube makes this frame stiffer than the mixtes of the 70's.
- Removable decals make it easier for you to customize your ride
- Four sizes to start: 42, 50, 54, 58cm
- Horizontal dropouts w/hanger allows you to run it with a rear derailleur, with internal geared hubs, or single speed
- Downtube shifter bosses
- Rack and fender braze-ons
- Bosses for single bottle cage
Special Notes on Tires and Brakes:
- The 42cm is designed for 26" wheels and 73mm reach brakes(Tektro R-556/Rivendell Silvers) are recommended. They can also use Dia-Compe 750 center pulls if you can find a long enough straddle cable. Recommended tire width: 1.25" - 1.5"(38c)
- The 50-58cm sizes are designed for 700c wheels and 57mm reach road brakes are recommended. Recommended tire widths: 26c - 35c (Both frame and fork are drilled for recessed brake bolts, so Dia-Compe MX-806 with old hardware are not compatible) 650b conversions are possible but we recommend speccing tires that will not change the BB drop appreciably.
(Modular cable stops for the "top tube" bridges allow you to run the rear brake housing a few different ways.)