Monday, November 30, 2009

Mud

Even after hosing down at the bike wash, the amount of mud jammed into the ratchet mechanism was enough to prevent proper ratcheting. After riding home from the race at the Cow Palace, I sat there at the front door working the release lever to get free from my wet, heavy shoes.










Pilarcitos #4 was yesterday, and it couldn't have been a nicer day. It was crisp, clear and chilly in the morning, but towards noon warmed up perfectly. The course was fantastic, and more people that ever were out getting into the 'cross spirit. Northern Cal/Nev Cycling Association has links to great photo galleries. Season finale at Coyote Point next Sunday.

1 comment:

Dan Mc said...

So it can happen! That fear kept me away from ratcheting shoes until this year when I jumped aboard the ratchet bandwagon. I love 'em, but I know someday I'll be hopping around on one foot in the rain trying to get them off. It'll be worth it.