It took years of requests from our customers, but the Grand Randonneur frameset finally gets the disc brake treatment. We went with the IS disc mounts front and rear, because at the time we did not have a good looking flat mount solution for the curvaceous 65mm rake fork. But don't fret, there are still a few good road brake disc options in IS/Post Mount and since we went with a new modular rear dropout system made by Tange/Long Shen, it can be upgraded to Flat Mount and potentially future standards.
We have tried to keep the all the things GR riders liked about it.
• Front load bias geometry for better handling when using a front rack, bar bag, or basket.
• Traditional 1" threaded fork with investment cast crown
• Three sets of bottle bosses
• Front mini rack and pannier rack compatible
• Slender and lightweight CrMo tubes. We lightened the seatstays, but are using a larger diameter, but thinner gauge tube for the downtube for more bottom bracket stiffness.
• Thru-axle hub compatibility for improved handling and stability in corners
• Improved tire clearance. While optimized for 650b x 42mm tires with fenders, the frame easily fits most 650b x 47mm tires
• An additional size: 46cm
This all adds up -- we hope -- to a more premium, more modern package worthy of the Grand Randonneur name.